Monday, September 20, 2004

VJs Tip Of The Day - September 20th 2004

App Config File not being picked up

Some times you would have done nearly everything right in the windows application but still on trying to access configuration file you would get back null or nothing... Well the problem might be the name that you have used for the config file...

You should know that for a windows based application to pick up app.config file following should be taken care of...
1.) The app.config name should match your assembly name... i.e. if you have myapp.exe then the config file name should be myapp.exe.config...
2.) Also you should know that the config file is picked up for the main or the application which is the starting point... So your app.config file should be attached to that...

PS: There is a small correction to the above tip... Thanks to Darya, an old colleague of mine for pointing it out... I have corrected the blog if anyone can tell me what I corrected then a virtual candy from me to him/her... :-)


PS: I counted that close to 37 people asked me "How are you?" today... Out of these only 7-8 actually waited for me to respond, rest all just walked by... I wondered why such formalities when no one really cares to know, but then I thought - This is atleast a good way of proving our kids that "Man is a social being..."

No comments: